Sunday 12 July 2015

Fifty Acres - Scotch Eggs & Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes

A photo posted by saccha (@sacchaeats) on

I am finally better from my terrible cold last week. It was so miserable, I watched the entire Twilight series - it was a movie marathon, but I felt much better after, LOL.

I've always been wanting to go to Fifty Acres for so long after hearing all the good things about it but I just never had the time or opportunity to plan for this. Finally had the chance today, it was freezing and wet but we braved the weather for brunch!

The cafe was packed as expected - 30 minutes wait, we left our number but the call came much sooner, maybe only about 15 minutes.

The chorizo scotch eggs were really tasty, the baby spinach and avocado added an refreshing element but it was the seeded mustard mayo that brought the whole dish together, one word - yum!


Of course we had to share a sweet dish for dessert and these pancakes were AMAZING! It's only fault was that it was kinda small and there wasn't enough! The pancakes were moist and fluffy, the candied walnuts worked well with offsetting the citrus from the orange segments and mascarpon was creamy and decadent!


The service here was impeccable and friendly and minimum wait time for food. I will definitely like to come back here to try out the other menu items but it would be so hard to not order the scotch eggs again!

My friend Penny ordered the quinoa salad below - I had a tiny bite and it was pretty good though I'm not a big fan of quinoa, I just wanted to post it because it looks so pretty!

A photo posted by saccha (@sacchaeats) on

Address: 65 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121

No comments:

Post a Comment