Friday 10 July 2015

Legacy Camberwell - Sweet Potato Fritters & Southern Fried Chicken


I'm a big fan of corn fritters for brunch, my favourite is still the one by St Ali - My Mexican Cousin. I think the sight issue with most fritters is that they tend to pile loads of sauce on the top, resulting in a soggy fritter.

This sweet potato, kale and amaranth fritter kinda suffers the same fate, it's practically drowned in chutney and goats cheese that all the crispness is lost.

I thought the chutney was a little too tart for my liking - for me overall it was just an okay dish. The only highlight was the Kaiser bacon because of its savouriness.

My partner had the Southern Fried Chicken Burger below - it was kinda hard to eat, so he had it deconstructed.

A photo posted by saccha (@sacchaeats) on


As this is a relatively new cafe, I attribute some of this lowlights to the teething issues within the kitchen. Not sure if I will be back again, but if I do I'll try to come back when it's not so busy to see if the food improves.


Address: 347 Camberwell Rd, Camberwell VIC 3124


No comments:

Post a Comment