Sunday 23 August 2015

Hakata Gensuke Hawthorn - Signature Tonkatsu Ramen

A photo posted by saccha (@sacchaeats) on

Yes, I have a love affair with ramen! I think the weather in Melbourne makes it perfect for enjoying ramen all year round, maybe apart from those 40 degree hot days! For me it's one of those comfort foods which you just crave from time to time and you just feel so satisfied after having it!

The broth is thick and rich with a distinct pork essence packed with flavour which is just so warming and comforting to the taste. Noodles are cooked to the choice of texture accompanied by tasty condiments! I do feel that one slice of chashu is rather stingy but it's seems to be the trend here. The flavoured egg was nicely cooked with runny yolk - I added additional minced garlic and it was oh so yum!

The best part is that the seating is not as cramped as the city outlet and I've been here on two occasions without having to queue unlike the city outlet which is at least a 20-minute wait!

Address: 860 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn VIC 3122
http://www.gensuke.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment