Saturday 1 August 2015

Hash Specialty Coffee - Grilled Banana & Pecan Loaf


I've found the cure for depression! Well, not really, perhaps just a temporary cure.

I guess one of the perks in working in the CBD area of Melbourne, Australia is that you are spoiled for choices when it comes to food and what's better than having a dessert for a late lunch?

This grilled banana and pecan loaf is honestly one of the best brunch desserts in quite a while. It was decadent yet refreshing, sweet but not overly sweet and tasted just as delicious as it looks.

There's something about grilling the banana and pecan loaf that gives it a crisp texture on the outer layer and an added dimension of flavour. It goes so well with the white chocolate custard and the burnt honey mascarpone! The white chocolate custard was just the right sweetness and richness. The burnt honey mascarpone has to be one of the creamiest and rich that I've ever had. The fresh blueberries were refreshing and the slight tartness helps to cut through all the sugar. I was a little embarrassed that I had been so hungry that I practically wolfed down this dish and ate all the edible flowers as well.

I didn't expect to dine at Hash Specialty Coffee again so soon but it's hearty and warming menu just makes me want to keep going back!

Address: 113 Hardware St Melbourne VIC 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment