Saturday 8 August 2015

Hard Pressed Coffee - Chilaquil Cassoulet


I sneaked out during lunch break to check out this cafe which I felt it was close enough to the city to make a trip during work as it wasn't really in an area that I would frequent or make my way out there during the weekends.

This dish felt very hearty, it's especially ideal during the recent weather and the spice really helps to warm you up! The chicken was tasty and moist, I usually don't like beans but these were really well-flavoured. I also really loved the baked egg in the dish which together with the machego, tomatillo salsa and jalapeño sour cream, tied the whole dish together! The crisp tortillas gave great texture to this Latin American flavours infused dish.

Don't forget to order your coffee here as well!

A photo posted by saccha (@sacchaeats) on

No comments:

Post a Comment