Saturday 27 June 2015

Chez Dre - House Tea Smoked Salmon


I have always felt that Chez Dre is always better at it's sweets like cakes and baked goods, but I thought I shall give the savoury dishes another shot. 

On the menu, it sounded great, but after being served this dish, I was honestly quite disappointed with this poorly executed dish. 

The most glaring fault lies with the rice cakes. These rice cakes are the Korean rice cakes which are used in many Korean dishes and everyone who cooks with them will know that it's something you need to eat while it's still piping hot. The moment it cools down it becomes rock hard, and they were hard and chewy, practically inedible, I cannot comprehend how they made it on to the plate! 

The salad was kinda meh - it was limp and soggy, the salad dressing was uninspiring and the flavours were not well balanced at all. 

On the more positive side, the salmon was nicely cooked and seasoned although I don't get any hint of the tea smoked flavour at all.

Overall, it was like a 6/10 dish, I did finish all the salad and the salmon - but the rice cakes were horrible. I might come back again to Chez Dre to try the pork belly confit, maybe, but definitely not ordering this one again!

Address: 285-287 Coventry St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Website: http://www.chezdre.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment