Thursday 4 June 2015

Top Paddock - Blueberry & Ricotta Hotcake


Thinking I could beat the queue by turning up at an off-peak timing, my ingenious plan to beat the queue was not so ingenious after all! Even after 2pm on a Friday afternoon, there was a 20 minute wait for a table, and not even a table to ourselves but a shared common table. The entire cafe was packed like it was during peak hour on the weekend for brunch!

While waiting for a table, I have decided that I was going to order the Blueberry & Ricotta Hotcake which was notably obvious as the crowd favourite after seeing plate after plate being served up from the kitchen.

The hotcake truly delivers both on sight and taste! It was slightly crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside - absolutely loving the combination with berries, cream and crunchy topping.

Unfortunately, I'm usually not a person who is particularly fond of queuing so I not sure if I will be back at Top Paddock - bear in mind that we took about 20 mins to find parking as well in that area. Sometimes the wait is just not worth for the food, even if it is really good!


Address: Top Paddock, 658 Church St, Richmond VIC 3121
Website: http://toppaddockcafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment