Wednesday 3 June 2015

Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen - Signature Tonkotsu Ramen


The one thing I've missed most since I moved from Singapore to Melbourne is the easy access of good authentic Japanese ramen. 

Singapore is spoilt for choices when it comes to Japanese ramen, there's so many choices to choose from and they are usually found at most corners around the city area!

I love ramen especially on cold wintry days, the wholesomeness from the broth is just so warming, after a bowl of ramen, your dreary winter days suddenly don't feel as miserable! I have been on the hunt for a good bowl of Japanese ramen for a long time and it has not been very fruitful. Most places don't have a well-balanced broth, it's usually either too salty or not enough flavour. 

Recently, I've tried out the newly opened Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen in the city and it has met my expectations for Japanese ramen!


A photo posted by saccha (@sacchaeats) on


The menu ordering sheet is really simple and the best thing is you get to customise your dream bowl of ramen goodness! You get to choose the type of ramen base, amount of ramen oil, texture of noodles (soft, normal, hard, extra hard), shoyu (light/normal), and choice of any extra condiments - black fungus, bamboo shoots, tamago (egg), nori (seaweed).

I really enjoyed the pork broth - it has just the right balance of flavour combined with the noodles, spring onions, garlic oil and tamago which I added.

This is by far the best ramen that I have enjoyed in Melbourne!


Address: Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen, Basement, 27 Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000 
Website: http://www.ikkoryu.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment