Friday 26 June 2015

Krimper - Almond Crusted French Toast


I would have never known that this place existed down this secluded alley, from the outside it just looked like an abandoned warehouse. If it wasn't for the bustling noise of the cafe patrons, I would have thought I was at the wrong place!

If you read my last post about my fall, you would have read about how I missed out on my sweet Waffee waffles treat, so instead of waffles I got something better - French Toast! Not just any french toast, Almond Crusted French Toast!

I don't usually go for sweets - they are my guilty pleasure so I try to indulge in them only once in a while, but sometimes it's really hard when you are feeling shitty and just need something really sweet to perk you up!

The almond crust provided a really nice crisp texture to the french toast, I always felt normal french toast can sometimes be limp and soggy to the bite which might be somewhat unpleasant.

I really love the vanilla mascapone with the french toast - it was so luscious and creamy that I tried not to think about it going straight to my hips. The caramelised apple was a little tart to me - I think they must be granny smiths, they could use a little more caramelising in my opinion. 

Lastly, adding another layer of sweetness to the dish (on top of the honey) is the lovely smudge of dulce de luche, made from cooking condensed milk in the can over low heat for hours - what's not to like?!

Address: 20 Guildford Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
Website: http://www.krimper.com.au/


No comments:

Post a Comment