Sunday 28 June 2015

Mr Mister - Baked Eggs & Banana Bread


Tried out the new addition to the myriad of cafes along Chapel Street - Mr Mister and it did not disappoint!

After being presented with the baked eggs, it reminded me of the Hardware Society version but it's not quite the same apart from looks. The combination totally works - loving the truffled leeks and mushrooms - the brie was a little strong for me at first but after mixing through the dish it wasn't as prominent. I choose not to the add chorizo because we had a second dish lining up, but I reckon it would have added another dimension of flavour.



Shared this sweet dish and while I wouldn't say it was amazing but it was a pretty satisfying treat. The banana bread had good flavour and it wasn't too sweet. The caramelised banana slices would have been better if the were more caramelised instead only on one side. The vanilla mascarpone was not a good as the one I had at Krimper - just wasn't as creamy and rich. The hazelnut crumble gave a nice texture, the berry jam & orange segments provided fruity freshness. 
The components are all pretty ordinary by themselves but when you add them all together - it's like the perfect bite! 

All in all, really loving this new cafe and I can't wait to try out the other items on the menu. To quote what someone else said to me this week, "Brunch in Melbourne is the reason why I can never afford to buy a house." - it's sad but totally agreed!


Address: 161 Chapel St, Windsor VIC 3181
Website: http://www.mrmistercafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment