Friday 26 June 2015

Ramen Ya - Chashu Ramen

A photo posted by saccha (@sacchaeats) on

Long story short - I had a nasty spill down the stairs a couple of days ago, landed on my butt and now feeling really sore and bruised - literally butt-hurt. I just felt so shitty that I wanted to get Waffee's waffles to treat myself, but after making my way down to the Emporium Melbourne - Waffee was closed! Argh!

I was deciding what else to eat and I saw Ramen Ya - who can resist a bowl of ramen goodness? I remembered trying out Ramen Ya many years ago at GPO and it was pretty unremarkable - I did not think much about it, but I decided to give it another shot after seeing how popular it was during lunch time.

I didn't really like the texture of the noodles, it was rather chewy to the bite to me. The broth was decent, savoury and wholesome - all the good things you want from a ramen broth! What was most impressive were the slices of chashu, they were so tasty and just melted in your mouth. Lastly, my favourite condiment in the ramen, the half a tamago - it was tasty but quite salty. 

Overall it was a very decent bowl of ramen, packed with flavour and value for money at AUD$11 a bowl! 

Address: Shop LG-10, 269-321 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment